Our lake is open year round for your fishing enjoyment. The lake is stocked with trout beginning in late fall through the winter and into early May. We stock rainbow, brook and brown trout from twelve to twenty five inches.
Starting in early May we stock channel catfish into the lake. They typically range from on to three pounds each and are stocked for your summertime fishing enjoyment.
If you are going to fish the lake a Pennsylvania fishing license is required. All tackle types are permitted but you may only fish with one rod at a time. In an effort to preserve the resource, we stagger the daily trout limit. We lower the limit in the coldest times of the year and increase it as it warms to harvest as many fish as possible before the lake temperatures reach an unsafe level for the trout. The only time the lake is closed is the day before the Pa trout opener once we stock until 8:00 AM the first day of trout and once we stock for the Youth Fishing Derby until the derby is completed. The complete list of rules is listed below and can be found on signs around the lake.
- Fishing for members only (except youth fishing derby)
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- NO wading, swimming, boats or rafts in lake
- NO cleaning of fish at lake ( no entrails in trash containers)
- NO corn
- Fishing limited to one rod at a time (violators subject to suspension)
- Each person must have their own stringer or basket ( NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Daily limit of three fish per day except trout
- Trout limit (as follows)
- Pa trout opener to Saturday before Mothers Day 3 trout
- Mothers Day to day before October stocking 5 trout
- October stocking to February 28 2 trout
- March 1 to day before Pa trout opener 0 trout
- Fishing permitted but no trout may be taken
ALL PERSONS FISHING MUST POSSESS VALID PA FISHING LICENSES